Monday, May 11, 2015

Thailand Day 10/Cambodia Day 3 - Part Two

Back to posting 8D
I really don’t know how anyone does this actually ON the road. I’d say maybe I take too many pictures but, I’ve seen blogs w/ lots of pictures? So it must just be me.
But speaking of pictures…
Even though this day was non-stop temples, like we went to over 20 (actually Is stopped counting after 15, but something about 21 sticks in my mind)... my camera ran out of batteries. And my sister’s camera wasn’t charging for unknown reasons. I did take more photos on the phone I was using at the time, but since moving I’m not 100% sure where it and the card adapter are.
Anyway, I still managed to take pics, and maybe it’s a blessing in disguise as it won’t take 20 posts to get through one day, but sadly there were loads of things I wasn’t able to take pics of that I would have loved to.

But focusing on the good! Now to post pics I *did* take!

So Angkor Wat was beautiful, it was huge and iconic and sunrise was amazing, but this next one was one of my very favourites. This and one we went to later this day I could have spent the entire time in.

IMG_6517

Doesn’t look like much with the restoration going on...

But..



IMG_6518

But once you’re in!

IMG_6521

It gets steadily more awesome.

IMG_6523

And especially on the roof… it’s just so amazing.

IMG_6526

This is Prasat Bayon 

IMG_6533

If you’ve seen the first Tomb Raider movie, that temple in the finale is three or four temples from this area.

IMG_6534

All the faces @.@

IMG_6535

And all different!

IMG_6539

There were several times we just sat down and tried to take it all in.

IMG_6540

Which really felt impossible, there was so much going on.

IMG_6542

A new face at every turn!

IMG_6550

IMG_6551

IMG_6552

Ahaha I want to post everything, I loved it so much.

IMG_6555

There were non-faces carvings as well.

IMG_6557

Clearly telling a story, I wish I knew it!

IMG_6559

I really didn’t want to leave here, but we had a million more temples to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment