Monday, June 8, 2015

Thailand Day 10/Cambodia Day 3 - Part Four

Next up we went to twin temples Thommanon and Chau Say Tevoda, which are right across the street from each other.

IMG_6628

The road that separates them was there at their creation and originated from the royal palace.


IMG_6630

These two were built at the end of the 11th century/beginning of the 12th, but there aren’t any inscriptions to indicate their importance or the occasion of their building.

IMG_6632

So we just looked at them one after another.

IMG_6636

I have no idea which temple is which, and they’re very similar.

IMG_6635

One temple did have way more butterflies though.

IMG_6638

We were super tired at this point and I remember sitting at this temple for awhile.

IMG_6639

So you CAN do all these temples in a day, as we did, but sometimes it was really hard to focus on everything I was seeing just ‘cause I was so tired.

IMG_6645

So I’d add another day if I did it again, or try to have this whirlwind at the beginning of the trip.

IMG_6649

IMG_6652

Also things start to look the same after awhile…

IMG_6655

Chau Say Tevoda had this path/walkway that leads to the river.

IMG_6657

This is as far as I walked though.
I like paths.

IMG_6662

So that means this is definitely Chau Say Tevoda.

On my way back I took a picture of https://flic.kr/p/tpSTc9">a really interesting spider and its web
, but link there since I know some of you are phobes.
And then off to another temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment