Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Europe Day 22 - Part One

Whoops, had this all written up and forgot to post 8D

2nd and last day in Rome!
We had leftover pizza for breakfast and hit the same cafe for awesome deliciousness, then off to… the Colosseum! I was most excited about this :D

IMG_5872

Onto the Colosseum!



Walking there we saw some cute defaced signs:

IMG_5862

Apparently it’s a thing?

IMG_5863

IMG_5864

IMG_5869

LOADS of people! We hadn’t slept in or anything, but still we waited 1-1.5 hours. Part of this too is though there are lines and they’re structured… once you get into the building the lines totally break apart and it’s up to you to shoulder your way through, or even shoulder your way into keeping your own spot! When I’m by myself I’m pretty good at maneuvering crowds and weaving and such, but actually being aggressive I’m not that great at. So E was super helpful, and often hilarious, in that regards. Little old lady slips in front? E: “I DON’T THINK SO!”- Bulldozes. Ahahaha.

IMG_5875

IMG_5879

How pretty are these tickets!

So we bought an audio video guide, then went to pick it up aaand they were actually out. And directed us to another place. Which was also out. So we’re like fine give us the audio, but they don’t handle money there, so we had to go back and ugh, bit of a mess guys. They have computers, I saw the computers, not that hard to say “stop selling these, we are out!” ‘Cause it’s not like we were the only ones, happened to buy them right after they sold out, there were loads of us confused tourists.

IMG_5879

The Colosseum is HUGE. Way larger than I’d thought!

IMG_5914

IMG_5890

Inside the walls there were artifacts (more in my flickr gallery) and explanations.

IMG_5915

I felt so overwhelmed here! And happy, ‘cause I’ve wanted to go here for a long time.

IMG_5913

IMG_5920

IMG_5924

And I hadn’t realized at all how totally high tech it is! All those trap doors and elevators! So cool!

IMG_5938

It’s like a maze down there!

IMG_5932

IMG_5959

LEANING ON HISTORY GUYS

IMG_5973

So, I took a LOT of pics there too, and I wanted to post most of them, but it’s just far too much D: So if you want to see amateur photos from various angles, yeah, all in my gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment