Friday, February 21, 2014

Europe Day 32 - Part Two

Back to Waterford!


IMG_0677


More pics of pretty crystal-making~



IMG_0616


Stages of bowl-dom!


IMG_0619


It was a Saturday, so the workroom floor was pretty bare.


IMG_0621


Stoppers!


IMG_0625


Just don’t do it.


IMG_0627


Shelf of Works in Progress.


IMG_0629


Crazy carving setup.


IMG_0635


They just use regular marker on it to map it out. I thought that was neat.


IMG_0644


Look at that concentration!


IMG_0645


Pre-polishing it looks like intentional frosted glass.


IMG_0648


Crazy skilled!
I didn’t upload this other pic I have, because it wasn’t very flattering to the artist, but the way he was set up was like… a dentist chair but backwards. He was sort of laying on his stomach and there was all this padding keeping him in a pretty specific pose.


IMG_0649


All polished and pretty!


IMG_0654


I can’t even imagine maneuvering that huge thing about, trying to get the tiny perfect cut.


IMG_0655


… I don’t know why this amused me, but there you are.


IMG_0658


A lump of glass.
I know I was surrounded by all this loveliness, but… I really liked this lump of glass…


IMG_0660


Super detailed wing, not sure what this was going to.


IMG_0665


‘Murica!


IMG_0668


This fancy bowl was called something like The Four Seasons, and had various season specific imagery all around it.


IMG_0670


Carving like it’s no big deal 8D


Then we left! We explored the area a bit and had a lot of fun in some antique stores, then passed through Kilkenny on the way back to the B&B (to watch Doctor Who, liiiiiive on TV), and ate at Kyteler’s Inn again:


IMG_0687


I recommend reading about their history on their website, here: http://kytelersinn.com/
I’d recount it, but this entry is already pretty long!


When we got back to the B&B we walked a bit around the area, there really is nothing there. I’ll save those pics for day 33, since I actually only took one picture that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment