Sunday, March 31, 2013

Europe Day Three - Part One

Bah I am the slowest at uploading photos/updating.
But hey! At least I'm doing it! Remember India? No? Yeeeeah, that's 'cause I only posted once >.>
So, doing better already!

aralias is a wonderful host, she gave me tea in the morning and really, what more could you ask for?

But there was!
More I mean 8D



Her and X took me to Borough Market!

Locals! If we have the equivalent here, I need to know, because I need to go there every day.

Foooood...




So basically, yes, it's a market.



WITH CHEESE.



Those meringue cookies there? They're almost as big AS MY HEAD. (I believe I have a comparison pic somewhere later...)



Just noticed the look the shop keeper is given me. Probably because I was very enthusiastic about everything (and bought nothing from him >.>)



Seriously though, how picturesque is this market?



I don't even KNOW what that is on the left there.


So after looking through these pics I see I didn't take any pictures of the places we actually got stuff at. Typical.

Actually we went on to our next place and then bought stuff on the way back, but while it's on my mind, we got CHEESE. I don't remember what kind sadly, but it was all good. And some delicious pate. And bread (so jealous of all of Europe, with amazing bread EVERYWHERE). And chocolate!
And one of them meringue cookies. I'm not even huge on meringue, but it was SO BIG I just... I needed to have it.



We headed to the Fashion and Textile Museum, which had (and still has) a Pop design exhibit.



Absolutely loving this sleeve design, and completely indeed on ganking it into something soon.



This dress was from the 60s I believe (I took a picture of the label, but I don't have it handy) and I really like the seam lines and the flow. I took a lot of pics of it and intend on replicating it.



I have an incredible weakness for stripey jackets ;_;



It's Jo's outfit!
Seriously, very similar to the outfit she wore in promo pics.
Not very fond of it on her, but I did really like this outfit.



Alarm clock/radio!
I want it.



The designers name is completely escaping me now. But you may recognize it.
There were a few other dresses I would really like to replicate, and now I think of it I think they were all 60s... but early 60s so they had a bit more of the 50s silhouette.

Basically I went blah blah blah seam lines, I want, stripes, jackets, blah and aralias was wonderful and humoured me.
Then we went nextdoor where X was waiting at the tea shop and yaaay had more tea!

(They had the direct line to my everlasting devotion, historical fashion and tea, together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment