Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Europe Day 14 - Part One

IMG_4965

Czech money! Every money is prettier than the USD ;_;

Busy day in Prague!


IMG_4967

Aww lookit our tea set up all cozy. I really loved that room!

IMG_4968

I was just really amused by the shaking graphic. Some sort of yogurt drink I had with our leftovers breakfast, then we set off!

IMG_4971

The hostel had some sort of deal where you could rent bus day passes from them (I don’t remember if it’s ‘cause as not locals we couldn’t buy them, or if it was the same as we could get elsewhere and just convenient, or if it was a monthly pass they rented out at a discount), so we did that and headed to Prague Castle.

IMG_4974

It was a little confusing to get there after we got off the bus, but we made it!
I was also a little confused why it was called a castle, as it didn’t seem very castley, but it was very pretty!

IMG_4972

There was a huuuuge cathedral there on the grounds, and that was castley, I kept calling it Hogwarts.

IMG_4978

Made me want to do a Harry Potter photoshoot....

IMG_4981

Even though now I think of it, the Hogwarts castle isn’t so spire-y is it?

IMG_4982

Creepy downspouts 8D

IMG_4984

Slightly less creepy

IMG_4985

…. no, pretty creepy.
It’s the “tongues”

And inside!

IMG_4988

Just gorgeous stained glass windows!

IMG_4989

And artwork on the walls, all fancy and old :D

IMG_4992

One of the windows was done by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfons_Maria_Mucha">Alphonse Mucha
.
IMG_4996

I think it was maybe painted instead of the traditional stained glass? ‘Cause I don’t see joins.

IMG_5001

That staircase was incredibly small (and locked, boo).

And I took a lot of pics, so I’m breaking this day up~!

No comments:

Post a Comment