Thursday, August 15, 2013

Europe Day 14 - Part Two

IMG_5003

So! Prague Castle!

And more~!


IMG_5007

I like that hinge thing.

IMG_5010

Pretty pretty glass

IMG_5012

I LOVE this statue. And the expression on the angels face... something about it, it’s a bit eerie.

IMG_5017

Light bringer?

IMG_5026

IMG_5028

IMG_5044

Since I’m reading Game of Thrones now, this just makes me think of the Lannisters.

IMG_5049

Love the light from the window, wish I could have taken a better pic of the art though, so pretty.

IMG_5051

Now I want stained glass everywhere.

IMG_5052

More Hogwarts.

IMG_5056

Lannister door handles.

IMG_5057

We found this tiny door round the back of the cathedral.
Yeah I don’t know.

Well from there we went to the Basilica of St. George, which was a small 14th century church. But! Before we went in, there was a little stand outside advertising this orchestra concert in the Basilica.

IMG_5062

How cool does that sound? And really, when would we EVER have this opportunity again? So we bought tickets!

IMG_5070

The basilica was pretty plain, compared to the cathedral especially.

IMG_5072

St. George?

After we left the Basilica the next section we saw was called the “Golden Lane”

IMG_5074

It was this section of narrow narrow road near the castle wall that people... lived in. It was full of tiny tiny apartments and giftshops. The apartments were recreations of course, but some were quite neat! I kinda wanna live in a castle wall now. I want the room from Sir Toby’s in the castle wall.

IMG_5078

Candle maker, in the wall.

IMG_5080

So in “olden times” it was considered really good to live in the castle walls, a safety thing I think, also proximity to the ruler, etc. But people were living there as late as the 1950s!

IMG_5082

IMG_5092

They also had mini displays throughout.

IMG_5094

I liked this one :D

IMG_5102

IMG_5105

So in later years it was more of an artsy thing (I’m not tooootally sure if they had indoor plumbing is the one thing though....).

IMG_5119

After there we checked out the dungeons, which as expected looked quite terrible. It was very deep :/

Since I took so many pics at that cathedral, this will be a three parter!

No comments:

Post a Comment