Sunday, March 2, 2014

Europe Day 34 - Part Four

IMG_0840

Why hello there Jane Austen Centre!


IMG_0842

All these outfits on display are reproductions, but still a lot of fun to look at.

IMG_0843

Aaaw that purse with a tassle!

IMG_0845

And the embroidered buttons! Love.

IMG_0847

The cravat! I feel they should make a comeback.

IMG_0851

Aaaah kids costumes ;_;

IMG_0854

My love for you is breaking my heart.

IMG_0855

Ah the regimental man

IMG_0856

Even Mrs. Bennet cannot resist.

IMG_0858

The outfit is a replica of a 1805 uniform.

IMG_0861

Tea!

IMG_0862

I reeeeeally want a tea caddy like that.

IMG_0863

Also I like this style of sleeve.

IMG_0864

Miss Austen being hilarious after being “requested” to dedicate her book to the Prince Regent.

IMG_0865

E modelling how this is a long narrow hall really. Also that gramma had to stay in the gift shop because she didn’t really care (blasphemy!) and didn’t want to bother with the stairs.

IMG_0869

This dress had an interesting story, in that it was discovered all cut out, but was assembled in the 2000s.

IMG_0874

Shelf of accoutrements.

IMG_0876

They had a little dress up section, but as I have my own gowns, I didn’t bother. E indulged though :D

IMG_0877

A letter penned by Ms. Austen! So pretty!

IMG_0879

Would not mind owning that writing desk, not at all.

IMG_0882

Another reproduction.

IMG_0886

I’m honestly not sure what those chopstick like things are.

IMG_0891

Persuasion costume!

IMG_0892

I love this adaptation, SO MUCH.

IMG_0893

All this detail you don’t even notice in the movie!

IMG_0896

Also, I like her hat.

That was the last room at the centre, so then we returned to the gift shop. We had planned on having tea there, since they have a tea room, but they have no elevator and it was on the top floor so no go.

So, at the gift shop, they have these tote bags that say “I ♥ Darcy” on them, and other things with that phrase.
My gramma “Who’s Darcy and why is he a big deal?”
Yeeeeeah.

IMG_0905

Anyway, we had delicious lunch at a place that was on the way back to the hotel.
Then I took my gramma back to the hotel, while E went to the Roman Baths, which I’d been to before and actually remember fairly well (though if I end up in Bath again, I’ll probably give them another go).

IMG_0906

IMG_0911

Another blue door! I like the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment