Saturday, March 1, 2014

Europe Day 34 - Part Three

So we left the costume portion of the museum, which was sort of a fun adventure (getting there too) because of it being an old building, the wheelchair could only go a specific way, which was like through their storage area.

IMG_0814

To the Assembly Rooms!


IMG_0815

I’m trying to collect my thoughts about this, BUT I CAN’T.

IMG_0818

Jane Austen walked in this room

IMG_0816

Also Dickens apparently, which is also very neat.

IMG_0820

One of my favourite Austen novels had huge scenes here!

IMG_0823

I tried reeeeeeally hard to be calm and composed, but basically it was a major fannish moment. For E too, you can see.
My gramma just thought we were nuts (the depth of her Not Understanding, will be made clear in the next post).

IMG_0824

It’s all so prettyyyyyy

IMG_0825

Now I want a fancy chandelier.

IMG_0826

Or two.

IMG_0828

Then they had a little museum-y area, with this fancy sedan chair from the late 18th century.

IMG_0831

Must have been nice to be So Rich!

IMG_0832

A “Bath Chair,” I’m not sure if it’s the precursor to the wheelchair or developed independently.

IMG_0835

Another sedan chair, this one a for hire version, as opposed to the fancy personal one previous.

Then we left there and journeyed to our next destination~

IMG_0837

Everything is so quaint looking, except for E 8D

IMG_0838

This made me want a garden door, just to paint brightly.

IMG_0839

This is someone’s house, with milk bottles. I didn’t even know there were places that still did that!
So cool.

Two more parts to this day~ coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment