Friday, October 31, 2014

Thailand Day 6 - Part Five

End of Day Six! Wow that took awhile.

IMG_5703

We left the Grand Palace around... 3-3:30 in the afternoon I think. And got some street food on the way to... more food.
This is a quail egg fried. It was super delicious.



We ended up going back to that place by the pier with all the food originally.

IMG_5704

I found it interesting they just... left this out. Like all day. Is that even okay?

IMG_5705

This was next to the plate of meat, I like the display visually.

IMG_5706

And where they prepared our food!

IMG_5709

Fooooood. I think I got a garlic something. I remember it was delicious though.

IMG_5711

Obligatory Thai tea.

IMG_5713

Jey's food was also delicious ;_; I want it all.

IMG_5715

We also got this soup that... you don't actually eat hardly anything in it. It's all to make an incredibly flavourful broth. Which was great, but substance! I need it!

After we ate we took the river bus back to where it connects with the subway.

IMG_5718

I really wanted to hit this temple while we were in Bangkok, but it didn't end up working out.

IMG_5719

I don't even know what this one is, there's so many pretty temples lining the river.

After we got the the subway station, Jey went back to the hostel because she was feeling under the weather, and E & I went with Mas to Terminal 21, an airport themed shopping mall!

IMG_5724

Each level is supposed to be like a different country.

IMG_5726

I have no idea what this says, but I like the styling of the arrivals board.

IMG_5729

In "London" all the signs are styled like the tube.

IMG_5732

My land!
This is where the food's at!

IMG_5735

I think it's also the top level.

IMG_5738

San Francisco actually got two levels, one that's like the others with themed stores and the Thai take on what SF fashion is, and the top level which is specifically Fisherman's Wharf and has all the food (not necessarily Californian).

IMG_5740

We had this in the food court, Mas said it was her favourite dessert. I loved it, though I can't remember what it's called, and she said it wasn't very good! Or rather, that she'd had better.

IMG_5741

Street car! It was a little surreal to be there to be honest.
Then Mas had to go meet some friends for a dinner, and E & I wandered the mall some more before heading back to the hostel.

IMG_5742

No comments:

Post a Comment