Monday, October 27, 2014

Thailand Day 6 - Part Three

Still Grand Palace!

IMG_5613

More tile work~



IMG_5615

It goes on forever!

IMG_5616

If we had more time some sort of multi-day pass would have been nice. To take it in a little bit at a time.

IMG_5621

I really liked these half bird deities and demons.

IMG_5622

I think this is a half bird/half demon because of the face.

IMG_5623

But they just look so cool!

IMG_5624

These are demons, I'm not really sure why they're holding the structure up.

IMG_5625

This is directly across from them though.

IMG_5626

This is my demon scowl >.>

IMG_5629

And E's demon face.
The figure on the right with no shoes is a monkey though.

IMG_5631

Half lion deity!

IMG_5632

Well, sometimes the guide called them deities and sometimes she called them mythological creatures, so I'm not really sure.

IMG_5633

I just know I like them.

IMG_5634

I love the way the lion tails look!

IMG_5635

This one I do remember is a god, but I'm not sure who.

IMG_5636

You know he's a winged god and not a half bird creature because of the feet.

IMG_5640

Another gate, with its demon guardians. I think the different coloured skin is how you know which demon is who.

IMG_5642

I really like the different coloured tiles on the roofs.

IMG_5643

Not sure which building this is...

IMG_5644

But more mural!
I have no idea what's going on here.

IMG_5650

... huh, maybe this is when the Monkey King made himself a bridge. In which case, the picture from two posts ago must have been... another bridge? I guess he did it quite often!

IMG_5651

Then we veered back out.

IMG_5657

This is a scale model of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

IMG_5660

That was exciting to see, because E & I would be heading there!

IMG_5659

You could see all the way through the hall.

IMG_5658

I don't know why, monks with cellphones really amused me 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment