Friday, October 24, 2014

Thailand Day 6 - Part Two

Continuing on with the Grand Palace!

IMG_5563


Super grand


IMG_5570

I love that even the ceilings are painted and ornate.

IMG_5573

There's so many pavilions and buildings inside this complex, what's what started to get really confusing.

IMG_5572

The main gates have these demon guards though, that are quite cool.

IMG_5575

With very fancy shoes.

IMG_5576

They're pretty imposing figures.

IMG_5580

They reminded Jey of the guardians in the Never Ending Story, but I don't remember them that well ;_;

IMG_5583

They had a lot of different styles of statues too, the comparison was interesting.

IMG_5592

This shot was super annoying because there were no peeeeople... until I posed. Then it was like where did you people come from?

IMG_5595

So apparently those tiers are... umbrellas. They don't look like very effective umbrellas...

IMG_5597

These buildings are so blingy!

IMG_5600

And right after this... I became a tourist attraction @.@

Some old man really liked my hair and his daughter asked to take a picture of him and me. Uhm... okay...

IMG_5602

Demons guarding the bling.

IMG_5603

The bling was mostly mirrored or shiny tiles.

IMG_5604

Taken a little at a time, it's quite striking! All together though it's a bit overwhelming.

IMG_5605

Actually it was hard to look at without my sunglasses, and it was an overcast day!

IMG_5607

The guide explained how it's a bird on the peak of the roofs, and a many headed serpent down the side... It took me a REALLY long time to get it when I was there, and now looking... I don't get it again.

IMG_5610

I would like this door please.

IMG_5611

Don't do it okay?

IMG_5608

Okay I think I'll wrap up, before everything starts to look the same XD

IMG_5612

No comments:

Post a Comment