Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thailand Day 6 - Part Four

Continuing on at the Grand Palace!

IMG_5661

Here is where our guide told us you can tell a monkey from a demon because monkeys don't wear shoes (obviously).




IMG_5663

Me having the worst horse stance ever.

IMG_5664

There was no way to get this shot without people, alas.

IMG_5667

She said something about how... the more arms there are, the more serious business they mean? Something like that.

IMG_5669

These are from the mural again, I'm not totally sure what's going on here, but I like the stylings of the mermaids.

IMG_5672

I think the Monkey King was all "Never mind fighting, I'll just eat the opposing army!"

IMG_5673

I don't know what this is, but it's pretty!

IMG_5674

I think this building was on the outskirts, because honestly I remember nothing about it.

IMG_5678

So then we went to see the Emerald Buddha. You can't take pictures inside, so she was explaining outside about the different outfits he wears, which are seasonal: Winter, Summer, and Rainy. It was wearing the Rainy clothes when we saw it.

IMG_5684

The best picture I could get!

IMG_5685

That picture was taken from here, since you can't take pictures inside.
It was much smaller than I thought it was going to be!

IMG_5681

But I liked the temple it was in.

IMG_5682

Especially these guys.

From there we moved on to non-templey bits.

IMG_5690

This is where foreign dignitaries stay when they visit.

IMG_5692

Guards and everything, but I don't think anyone was there when we were.

IMG_5693

I liked this little guy, not sure what he is but he looks sad.

IMG_5694

The corner of something!
Architecture!

IMG_5695

This is the tail of the sad guy, what is iiiiiit?

IMG_5697

Random statue.

 IMG_5699

This is Chakri Maha Prasat, if I remember correctly this actually used to be the royal residence.

IMG_5701

An elephant post!

IMG_5702

I really like the mixed architecture here!
From here we left the complex, so one more part to this day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment