Monday, January 6, 2014

Europe Day 25 - Part One

This day we got up earlier, gramma actually adjusted to the jetlag pretty quickly because she has the amazing ability to sleep anywhere at anytime (this is a skill, I’m told, you learn with age), so the adjusting person was my mum.

I’m pretty sure before we set out BA was called again because she still didn’t have her luggage. I didn’t speak to them this time, my mum did, so I don’t remember what they told her. We were all still a bit hung up on the original person telling us it was on that 2nd flight. I’d much rather an airline tell me “Look we misplaced your luggage, we don’t know where it is” than the continuous “it’s on the next flight.” I’ve always liked BA too so this whole debacle put a dent in my opinion of them.

Anyway!
Those bus tickets are good for two days, so we took the subway in again and got on yay. Our first stop was St. Patrick’s Cathedral. E wanted to go here not because of history, or what’s actually there, or any actual logical reason, but that her birthday is St. Patrick’s Day.

IMG_6180

Another stunning church!


IMG_6206

I forgot, breakfast, very important. Also very yummy.

Back to the church 8D

Jonathan Swift was a pastor there, that was interesting.

IMG_6174

This is not him, this is a Guinness.

IMG_6227

This is also not him, this is The Most Honorable George Grenville, Marquis of Buckingham.

IMG_6226

But look at this crazy detailing!

IMG_6225

SOCKS.

IMG_6241

John Matthews copy of Handel’s Messiah.

IMG_6258

It’s very grand inside.

IMG_6249

I really like windows~

IMG_6256

Came across this priest doing something… priestly. I wasn’t sure if I should take a picture, and watched him for awhile but then I thought it was really neat and took a pic as discreetly as I could

IMG_6253

.IMG_6214

IMG_6233

IMG_6232

IMG_6248

IMG_6244

IMG_6251

The flooring was aaaaawesome

IMG_6252

IMG_6263

End pt. 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment