Friday, January 31, 2014

Europe Day 30 - Part Three

Anyway, back to the Rock of Cashel.

IMG_0436

So we wandered the grounds after the tour, and took pictures of course.

Even More Castle Grounds!



IMG_0445

I know that these castley things were renovated and updated throughout the centuries, but it always strikes me to see such well preserved detail right next to (or attached to in this case) crumbly bits.

IMG_0434

A cool cross with all that awesome countryside behind it.

IMG_0437

Speaking of awesome countryside! Also, keep that abandoned abbey in mind, dun dun DUN.

IMG_0441

More weirdly intact, but only in bits.

IMG_0446

Look at that little window! It’s hard to grasp in the picture here, but it really looked like the castle was intact enough that one could get to it.

IMG_0447

Hard to make out, I’m sorry, but you can see the crosses? A Knight’s grave.

IMG_0448

Possibly another grave! I wasn’t quite sure.

IMG_0450

Randomly non-weathered… ornate… ball… thing.

IMG_0451

Those former pictures were along the sides of this building.

IMG_0453

This, I believe, is on the outside wall of the same building.

IMG_0454

Or… maybe it was still inside, ‘cause this is still inside. That runway up that (which I really wanted to climb on ;_;) was a servants hallway.

IMG_0457

For scale!

IMG_0457

I’ll leave off on another countryside shot

No comments:

Post a Comment