Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Europe Day 28 - Part One


IMG_0186

Sunrise from my window!
Man this makes me really want to go back.

Ring of Kerry doings!


IMG_0188

Fresh from the chicken eggs! Also super awesome porridge I didn’t get a pic of, because I snarfed it.

IMG_0189

Sheep on their property~

After breakfast we went down the road to “Pat’s Craft Room.” Because the one thing gramma REALLY wanted was an Irish knit sweater. I ended up getting two really nice scarves, and she did get a knit cardigan.

Then we drove along the ring to get to Valentia Island. Agnes, the proprietress of the B&B, told us if we only did ONE thing on the Ring of Kerry, it should be that.

IMG_0192

We took a car ferry! It was exciting. No one else got out of the car though. But I felt it was more weird inside the car, with it moving but… not on. It was very disorienting to me.

IMG_0196

The island itself is pretty small, but very quaint and just stunning.

IMG_0206

Basically we just drove around it in a big loop and stopped a lot to jump out and take pics and explore.

IMG_0207

Or rather E & I did, gramma was content to take in the scenery from the car.

IMG_0208

But I like to touch things 8D

IMG_0198

No seaweed like that hereabouts!

IMG_0200

Look! Same teeny tiny island, totally different coast from the previous one!

IMG_0202

And more bumply seaweed~

I wonder if you can eat it….

No comments:

Post a Comment